How do you draw a human figure step by step?
So, How to draw the human body?
- Step 1: First you gotta draw the torso, with the rib cage and the abdomen.
- Step 2: Draw the hips.
- Step 3: Draw the shoulders and the arms.
- Step 4: Draw the legs.
- Step 5: Draw the head.
- Step 6: Draw the facial features.
- Step 7: Draw the rest of the body on top of your dummy.
Why is drawing bodies so hard?
There are thousands and thousands of different elements that make a person into who they are, and capturing that in a drawing is insanely difficult. Same reason it’s impossible for scientists to create a human just from science. It’s complex. There are billions upon billions of factors that go into the human anatomy.
Where do I start drawing?
What Is It?
- Get a set of references of a single subject.
- Analyze them to see common lines.
- Use these lines to sketch a simple representation of the body (imaginative tracing).
- Use the gesture sketch as a suggestion to draw the structure over it.
- Use the previous sketches as guidelines for the final lines.