How do you draw really realistic?
Tips to Improve Your Realistic Drawing
- Know and prepare your art supplies.
- Always start with a light initial sketch, focusing on largest shapes first.
- Keep in mind that in realism, there are no visible lines.
- Create gradual, smooth transitions between your different values.
Should I learn to draw realistically first?
It doesn’t matter if you draw realistically or not. Some do and some don’t. Finding a style takes time and practice. You repeat your mistakes and successes.
How can I draw better faces?
How to draw a face
- Start with two circles. Two circles form the basis of the head.
- Add construction lines. Use the guidelines to position the features.
- Explore different proportions.
- Line up the features.
- Start with the eyes.
- Add in the nose.
- Try different lip shapes.
- Consider differences between male and female faces.