What do you put in a treasure chest?
Fill the treasure chest with beads, gems and jewels from craft stores and flea markets. Let kids create original jewelry from old, broken jewelry pieces you salvaged from your jewelry box. Add some new ribbons, elastics and cords and have the kids string new treasures.
How do you make a simple treasure map for kids?
How to make a treasure map!
- Mix the tea bags and coffee into a bowl of warm water.
- Once dry, your paper will look old and dirty – perfect for a pirate map!
- Time to design your map!
- Pain the map’s edges and flick it with specks of the tea mixture.
- Write a letter on each piece of paper and put them at the map locations.
How can I make a simple map?
How to Make a Map
- Choose a map template. Choose a map that fits your purpose.
- Label important locations and areas. Use text and graphics (such as push pins, arrows, and other symbols) to label the map with key information.
- Add a compass.
- Include a legend.
What is inside a pirates treasure chest?
The pirate’s treasure chest was probably a sea chest or travel trunk used by the captain, other officers or travellers for their clothes, personal possession and instruments. A pirate chest could also have been a very heavy wooden strong box or coffer used by governments for transporting gold coins and bars.
Has any pirate treasure been found?
The only authenticated treasure chest in the United States, once owned by Thomas Tew, is kept at the Pirate Soul Museum in St. Augustine, Florida. Pirate Olivier Levasseur, also known as “The Buzzard” (La Buse), was rumoured to have hidden treasure before his death in 1730. No such treasure has been found.
How do you make a chest?
Here’s how to build a Chest from scratch:
- Collect 3 Wood Blocks.
- Craft 12 Wood Planks.
- Make a Crafting Table.
- Place your Crafting Table on the ground and interact with it to open the 3X3 crafting grid.
- Craft your Chest.
- Place your Chest on the ground and open it to store items.