Do backgrounds draw first?
If you are going the traditional way and drawing on paper, it’s always better to just mark off a rectangle depending on where you want to place your character. Once that is done, draw the background Followed by the character. (All in pencil, when you are sure, use the outline pens.)
How do you fill a background drawing?
Fill a selection or layer with color
- Choose a foreground or background color.
- Select the area you want to fill.
- Choose Edit > Fill to fill the selection or layer.
- In the Fill dialog box, choose one of the following options for Use, or select a custom pattern:
- Specify the blending mode and opacity for the paint.
What should be included in the background of a drawing?
The background should support the subject of the drawing. Whether you’re drawing a still life, a portrait, or a complex action scene, you should choose a background that “sets the stage” for the subject you’ve chosen.
Should you draw the background or character first?
When drawing a picture, what do you draw first? Personally, I feel drawing the background tends to work better, especially if your character interacts with it in some way. You can really get a feel of the setting the picture is in.