How can I practice drawing hair?
1. How to Draw Long, Straight Hair
- Start by adding some volume around the head.
- Draw the parting in your chosen place.
- Draw the outline of the hair around the face.
- Draw the direction of the hair gently flowing down over the shoulders.
- As I’ve mentioned before, hair doesn’t lie flat on the scalp.
How do you draw cartoon characters?
To reinforce what I said throughout the tutorial, let’s remember the proper steps for how to draw a cartoon face:
- Make a circle that will represent the skull of our character.
- Set the direction in which your character will be looking and draw the guidelines.
- Make the outline of the eyes in an oval shape.
Where do I start when drawing hair?
Lightly draw the shapes of the hairline, ear and overall shape of the hair with mechanical pencil. Then, lay in Peach to start the skin tone. When drawing very short hair, take the skin tone up into the hair area. Apply small, circular strokes to the hair area with Terra Cotta.
Can people have anime hair?
It’s fairly common that anime characters tend to have “wilder” hair than most people we see in real life. This can be seen as far back as Neon Genesis Evangelion (though somewhat mild) from the 90s (though some older anime, like Akira, do not have this characteristic).