How do you start a drawing creature?
17 ways to draw better creatures
- Create thumbnails. Have fun with shapes when you’re creating thumbnails.
- Keep exploring. Done loads of thumnails?
- Look beyond the norm for ideas.
- Mix the familiar with the new.
- Combine real-world insects.
- Think carefully about the head.
- Maintain the shape language.
How can I learn to draw better?
For those who want to draw better, here are a few recommendations:
- Go draw something. Repeat.
- Look at drawings. Whether simple line drawings or meticulously detailed renderings, you can learn a lot from looking at the work of others.
- Draw from drawings.
- Draw from photographs.
- Draw from life.
- Take a class.