How do you make dry leaf art?
How to press leaves
- Collect some leaves in different shapes and colours.
- Lay out a piece of paper and place the leaves onto it without touching each other.
- Lay a second sheet of paper on top.
- Place this between two sheets of scrap cardboard (a cut down piece of cardboard box is perfect)
How do you draw a real leaf?
2. How to Draw an Oak Leaf
- With the HB pencil, I draw the core line of the leaf (it will be the reference for the midrib) and mark its borders.
- I draw an uneven shape that resembles an egg.
- I mark the borders of the leaf’s lobes.
- I refine the midrib and draw the secondary veins.