How can I make my natural hair curly?
Here’s how to make straight hair curly.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Strengthen and protect your hair with a leave-in conditioner.
- Air dry or diffuse wet hair.
- Use a curling iron on stubbornly straight strands.
- Try a no-heat curling method.
- Add volume and texture with a sea salt spray.
How can I naturally curl my hair overnight?
First, twist a T-shirt into a roller shape and tie the ends together to create a large DIY halo. Then, put the halo on top of your head, wrap pieces of hair around it, and pin the hair in place. Leave your hair in the halo overnight, and in the morning, you can remove all the pins to reveal soft, bouncy curls.
What is a good curl activator for natural hair?
10 Curl Activators That Won’t Dry Out
- AG Hair Curl Re: Coil Curl Activator.
- Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream.
- SoftSheen-Carson Care Free Curl Gold Instant Activator.
- Luster’s S- Curl Activator and Moisturizer.
- Creme of Nature with Argan Moisture & Shine Curl Activator Creme.
Why is my hair curly when wet but straight when dry?
Hair that is wavy when wet but dries straight is naturally wavy hair that is being weighed down or stretched out. This may be from water weighing hair down as it dries, or from hair being brushed or combed. Often wavy hair needs support from gel or mousse to maintain its texture as it dries.
What is a 4C hair?
What is 4C hair? 4C hair is made up of tightly coiled strands with a very tight zig-zag pattern. Type 4C hair has no defined curl pattern, it has to be defined by twisting, or shingling through the strands. it is the most fragile hair type and more prone to shrinkage and dryness.
What is type 3C hair?
3C hair is made up of well-defined, tight corkscrews or coils with lots of strands densely packed together. Their circumference is the size of a pencil or straw. 3C curls have a fine to medium texture. This curl type is prone to dryness, tangles, and lack of curl definition.