How do you draw a textured surface?
How To Practice
- Lay your paper on the textured surface. Use tape to hold your paper if the surface is vertical.
- Using the side of your drawing tool (not the tip) make side-to-side strokes across your paper. Try to keep the strokes together and avoid any gaps.
- Start with light pressure.
How do you make colored textured wooden pencils?
Creating Textures in Colored Pencil
- (White Wood ) STEP 1: Use vertical strokes to layer Cool Grey 20% and establish grain pattern, then wash with rubber cement thinner.
- (White Wood ) STEP 2: Randomly layer Cool Grey 70%.
- (White Wood ) Step 3: Layer Cool Grey 50%. Relayer Cool Grey 20%.