How do you draw good hair for beginners?
1. How to Draw Long, Straight Hair
- Start by adding some volume around the head.
- Draw the parting in your chosen place.
- Draw the outline of the hair around the face.
- Draw the direction of the hair gently flowing down over the shoulders.
- As I’ve mentioned before, hair doesn’t lie flat on the scalp.
How do you draw realistic hairstyles?
- Lay in the Shape. Start your drawing by laying in the overall shape of the hairstyle with a pencil.
- Apply the Darks.
- Blend, Reapply Darks and Lift.
- Lay in the Shape.
- Build up the Hair Strands.
- Blend and Lift.
- Draw the Shapes.
- Create the Hair Strands.
What should I draw for beginners?
10 Easy Pictures to Draw for Beginners
- Food. Food is a fantastic subject matter for artwork: It’s universal, recognizable, appealing and, best of all, it will stay still if you want it to pose for you.
- Faces and expressions.
- Cartoon animals.
- Buildings or architectural structures.
- Paisley designs.
Which pencil is used for sketching hair?
I’d recommend using a softer pencil grade such as B or 2B, and shade the darkest areas on your sketch where least amount of light reaches the hair. Mostly the areas around the neck and on the parting are very dark.