How do you draw feathers for beginners?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Feather
- Begin by drawing a long, slightly curved diagonal line.
- Draw a second, slightly curved line alongside the first.
- Enclose the bottom of the shaft, the area called the quill, using a series of short, curved lines.
- Extend a short, straight line from the tip of the feather.
How do you draw a cartoon feather?
1. Draw a Simple Cartoon Feather
- Start with a very subtle line using a hard pencil.
- Make it slightly thicker in the middle, keeping both ends sharp.
- Mark the area where the vane will start.
- Most feathers are not symmetrical.
- Sketch the tip of the feather using the same angle as between the “side lines”.
How do you draw feathers easy?
Drawing a Feather Step by Step
- Step 1 – Draw the Center Line of the Feather.
- Step 2 – Draw the Outer Contour.
- Step 3 – Draw the Smaller Shapes.
- Step 4 – Develop the Texture While Developing the Value Range.
- Step 5 – Add a Cast Shadow Under the Feather.
What feather means?
Feather symbolism takes on different meanings, depending on who you ask. In general, though: feathers symbolize the protection and love of guardian angels, the wind, the creator, and even the connection one has with God.