How do you draw a simple feather?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Feather
- Begin by drawing a long, slightly curved diagonal line.
- Draw a second, slightly curved line alongside the first.
- Enclose the bottom of the shaft, the area called the quill, using a series of short, curved lines.
- Extend a short, straight line from the tip of the feather.
How do you make a feather pen for kids?
- Step One The end of a feather is called the quill. Take your scissors and clip the tip of the quill at a sharp angle.
- Step Two Use your toothpick to clean out any debris form the quill tip.
- Step Three Oops, there is no step three! This project is that easy!
How do you make a soft feather?
Make sure your sink is really, really clean! Fill it with warm water and add in the feathers. Mush the feathers down with your hand until they are completely wet. Let them soak for 10-20 minutes.
How do you make a homemade Quill?
- Find a feather. The primary wing feathers from large birds are ideal for making quill pens.
- Remove the barbs and trim the length.
- Cut the first bevel and remove the pith.
- Heat-treat the quill.
- Square off the end.
- Split the nib.
- Narrow the tines.
- Test your new pen.
How do you make feathers for crafts?
Sanitize feathers with an alcohol and hydrogen peroxide solution. To remove dirt and grit from the feathers, swish them gently through a mild soap solution. Method 1 of 2: Sanitizing Feathers
- Kill parasites with mothballs before bringing feathers inside.
- Use rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide to kill bacteria.