What shape should you start with when drawing a nose?
There are a variety of nose shapes, but most noses in drawings begin as a triangle. “Once you have that basic triangle in place, you can do all sorts of other things,” Case says. “ You can give them a hooked nose or make it more rounded or bulbous — but you ‘re starting with the triangle shape.”
Why is it so hard to draw a nose?
For some reason, when it comes to noses, people struggle. Perhaps this is because a nose is an irregular form – it’s not a simple shape like a circle and it’s not quite a triangle either. It’s not as hard to draw realistic noses as one may think. Drawing noses this way is so far from drawing them realistically.
How do you draw a real face?
- Step 1: Start with a circle. Draw a large circle and make a horizontal line below it for the chin.
- Step 2: Draw guidelines on the face.
- Step 3: Draw eyes in the right spot.
- Step 4: Draw a proportionate nose.
- Step 5: Add the eyebrows.
- Step 6: Use a triangle shape to draw lips.
- Step 7: Add the ears.
- Step 8: Draw the hair.