How do you draw a face for beginners?
- Step 1: Start with a circle. Draw a large circle and make a horizontal line below it for the chin.
- Step 2: Draw guidelines on the face.
- Step 3: Draw eyes in the right spot.
- Step 4: Draw a proportionate nose.
- Step 5: Add the eyebrows.
- Step 6: Use a triangle shape to draw lips.
- Step 7: Add the ears.
- Step 8: Draw the hair.
How do you draw simple face proportions?
How to Draw a Face From the Side (Profile)
- Step 1 – Draw a Circle, a Square, and Intersecting Lines.
- Step 2 – Draw a Line from the Top of the Head to the Chin.
- Step 3 – Add a Line from the Bottom of the Chin to the Center of the Square.
- Step 4 – Determine the Location of the Eyes.
What is a perfect face?
Attractive faces tend to be symmetrical, left and right, and have a height-width ratio of about 1.618, famously known as the Golden Ratio. Vertical distances are also evenly proportioned, with the hairline, inner tips of the eyebrows, bottom of the nose and tip of the chin at equal distances apart.
What are the steps for drawing?
The 6 essential steps in drawing
- Acquire a sure hand. How you hold your tool (pencil, charcoal, etc.) is crucial, but nevertheless remains very personal.
- Choose your subject.
- Learn how to diagram.
- Sketching: take notes!
- Detailed sketch: get your feet wet!
- Studies: your research lab.
How can I draw better faces?
How to draw a face
- Start with two circles. Two circles form the basis of the head.
- Add construction lines. Use the guidelines to position the features.
- Explore different proportions.
- Line up the features.
- Start with the eyes.
- Add in the nose.
- Try different lip shapes.
- Consider differences between male and female faces.