How do I design my own surfboard?
The rough breakdown of how to build a surfboard is the following:
- Decide on a surfboard design.
- Make a stringer.
- Glue stringer between block foam.
- Remove bulk foam from the block foam.
- Rough shape the blank.
- Cut out rough shape of the surfboard.
- Shape the blank.
How do I make my surfboard catch a wave?
Here’s how to sit on a surfboard and turn it for catching an incoming wave:
- Lie on your surfboard and find your balance;
- Slowly move to a sitting position in the middle of the board;
- Hold on to the rails for extra stability;
- Adapt to the sitting position without grabbing the rails;