What is the Colour of Earth?
Earth: mostly blue with white clouds. Oceans and light scattered by the atmosphere make Earth prevailingly blue. Depending on the area seen in an individual picture, brown, yellow and green continents can be seen or parts of Earth can be covered by white clouds.
What Earth Day is all about?
Earth Day is an annual event on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First held on April 22, 1970, it now includes a wide range of events coordinated globally by EarthDay.org (formerly Earth Day Network) including 1 billion people in more than 193 countries.
Did you know Earth Day facts?
10 Earth Day Facts for Kids
- Senator Gaylord Nelson conceived Earth Day in the early 1960s.
- The first Earth Day was in 1970.
- The government responded to Earth Day with environmental legislation.
- Earth Day went global in 1990.
- About one billion people recognize Earth Day each year.
- Earth Day always falls on April 22.